Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Goodbye Long Beach

I never knew what Long Beach had to offer until we strolled through Belmont Shore in 2004 while on our way to buy my VW Passat. The charm of the urban streets lined with trendy stores was not what I pictured when I thought of Long Beach….this part of town was really nice and had so much character! When Jerry & I decided to move in together, Long Beach happened to be half way between our jobs, so we decided to look for a place. We found a lovely condo located just 2 blocks from the beach and walking distance to almost any type of business.

We have lived in Long Beach for almost 5 years now, but it’s time for us to move on. Jerry & I have shared some of our best memories while living here, exploring the city together, adopting our dog and starting our new life as a married couple. I am going to miss what Long Beach has to offer, but I am also eager to get started on a new chapter of our lives being “homeowners”. As lovely as our little condo is, it's just too small for us...and not ours!

Living so close to the harbor and to downtown, there was always something to do or a major event going on. Looking back, there wasn't one weekend that Long Beach wasn't buzzing with people for a convention or main event. We have really enjoyed: The Long Beach Grand Prix, Belmont Shore Stoll N' Savor, Gay Pride Parade, AVP volleyball tournament, the dispensaries, dog beach, Christmas Boat Parade, Dog Halloween contest, our same-sex neighbors, Sweet Water Salon...and so much more!

Long Beach, you have provided us with great memories, friends, tolerance and a way of life that I couldn’t have experience anywhere else. Your legacy will be cherised! I leave you with a few photos of good times in the LBC…

Our date at the Aquarium of the Pacific (2008)

AVP Volleyball Tournament

Luke loving the drive thru Long Beach


Gay Pride Parade

Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach

No comments:

Post a Comment