Friday, April 25, 2014

DIY Headband from Blouse

My cousin & I have enjoyed the pastime of playing in Tutu's (my grandma) closet.  Even as adults, we find ourselves playing dress-up in previous era clothing, and having a blast!  We usually end up finding some articles of clothing that we really like, which Tutu encourages us to take for ourselves.  I recently found a padded shoulder, nylon blouse with vibrant blue splattered on the black & white pattern.  The design of the shirt was clearly outdated, but the fabric was very modern.  I wanted it!  After I got it home, I decided to turn it into a tank top.  While cutting off the sleeves, I realized that I could make a headband.  It turned out that I liked the headband much better the tank top and is definitely something I will wear.  Playing dress up is fun, but creating my own little accessories from Tutu's collection is even better!

No comments:

Post a Comment